Year of the Snake
Years of the Snake: 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, and 2025…
The Snake occupies the sixth position in the Chinese zodiac. The 12 zodiac animals are, in order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig. Each year is related to a Chinese zodiac animal according to a 12-year-cycle.
Lucky Things for People Born in a Year of the Snake
Things that will bring Snakes luck:
- Lucky numbers:2, 8, 9, and numbers containing them (like 28 and 89)
- Lucky days:the 1st and 23rd of Chinese lunar months
- Lucky colors:black, red, and yellow
- Lucky flowers:orchid and cactus
- Lucky directions:east, west, and southwest
- Lucky months:the 1st, 8th, and 11th lunar months
Things that Snakes should avoid:
- Unlucky colors:brown, gold, white
- Unlucky numbers:1, 6, and 7
- Unlucky directions:northeast and northwest
- Unlucky months:the 3rd, 9th and 12th lunar months
The Snake’s Personality: Intelligent, Wise…
In Chinese culture, the Snake is the most enigmatic animal among the 12 zodiac animals. People born in a year of the Snake are supposed to be the most intuitive.
Snakes tend to act according to their own judgments while remaining private and reticent. They are determined to accomplish their goals and hate to fail.
Snakes represent the symbol of wisdom. They are intelligent and wise. They are good at communication but say little. Snakes are usually regarded as great thinkers.
Snakes are materialistic and love keeping up with the Joneses. They love to possess the best of everything but they have no patience for shopping.
Snake people prefer to work alone; therefore, they are easily stressed. If they seem unusually stressed, it is best to allow them their own space and time to return to normal.
Love Compatibility: Is She/He Compatible with You?
Each animal sign has its unique characteristics. Love compatibility within the Chinese zodiac animals takes the characteristics of each animal into account. Only those whose characteristics match can be good partners.
See below the compatibility of the Snake with other animals, and find out if the Snake is compatible with your sign or not.
- Best with:Dragon, Rooster
- Worst with:Tiger, Rabbit, Goat, Pig