Year of the Rabbit
Years of the Rabbit: 2023, 2011, 1999, 1987, 1975, 1963, 1951, 1939, 1927…The next Rabbit year is 2023. It starts on Chinese New Year (January 22).
The Rabbit is rank fourth in the Chinese zodiac cycle. The 12 zodiac animals are, in order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig. A Rabbit year occurs every 12 years.
Lucky Things for People Born in a Year of the Rabbit
Things that will bring Rabbits luck:
- Lucky numbers:3, 4, 6, and numbers containing them (like 34 and 46)
- Lucky days:the 26th, 27th, and 29th of every Chinese lunar month
- Lucky colors:red, pink, purple, blue
- Lucky flowers:plantain lily, jasmine
- Lucky directions:east, south and northwest
- Lucky months:the 1st, 4th, 8th, and 11th Chinese lunar months
Things that Rabbits should avoid:
- Unlucky colors:dark brown, dark yellow, white
- Unlucky numbers:1, 7, and 8
- Unlucky directions:north, west, and southwest
- Unlucky months:the 2nd, 6th, 9th and 12th Chinese lunar months
The Rabbit’s Personality: Quiet, Elegant…
Rabbits tend to be gentle, quiet, elegant, and alert as well as quick, skillful, kind, patient, and very responsible. However, they might be superficial, stubborn, melancholy, and overly-discreet.
Gentlemen who belong to the Rabbit zodiac sign always treat people politely, with a gentle smile that makes people feel that they are credible and sincere.
when encountering tough difficulties, they are never discouraged but instead remain persistent in their endeavors to find solutions. This means they eventually achieve enviable success.
Ladies belonging to the Rabbit zodiac sign, apart from having a pretty and demure appearance, have a pure heart.
Rabbits are faithful to those around them but are reluctant to reveal their minds to others, and have a tendency to escape reality. They are too cautious and conservative, which means they miss good opportunities.
Wood, Fire, Earth, Gold, and Water Rabbits
In Chinese element theory, each zodiac sign is associated with one of the five elements: Gold (Metal), Wood, Water, Fire, and Earth. For example, a Wood Rabbit comes around once in a 60-year-cycle.
It is theorized that a person’s characteristics are decided by their birth year’s zodiac animal sign and element. This means there are five types of Rabbit, each with different characteristics.
Chinese Zodiac Rabbits’ Love Compatibility
Chinese zodiac compatibility is based on the characteristics of the animals, and only those who match well can be good partners. See below for whether the Rabbit is compatible with your sign or not.
- Best with: Rat, Goat, Monkey, Dog, Pig
- Worst with: Rooster, Snake.