All About Kangaroos!
- There are four species of kangaroo, the Red, Antilopine, Eastern Grey and Western Grey Kangaroo
- Red Kangaroos are the largest marsupial and can grow up to 6.5 ft.
- They can reach a top speed of over 40 mph
- On land kangaroos only ever move their hind legs together, however in water they kick each leg independently to swim
- Kangaroos are the only large animal to use hopping as their primary method of locomotion
Over short distances, some species of kangaroos can reach hopping speeds in excess of what speed? (55 mph)
- 20 mph
- 40 mph
- 55 mph
- 60 mph
Like cows, kangaroos have chambered stomachs, but unlike cows, what do kangaroos NOT do? ( Pass gas!)
- Regurgitate food and re-chew it
- Eat vegetation
- Pass gas
- Produce milk
How many toes does a kangaroo have on each hind foot? ( 4)
Which type of kangaroo is the largest living marsupial? (B, Red Kangaroo can grow up to 200 pounds)
- Eastern Grey
- Red Kangaroo
- Tree Kangaroo
- Western Grey
Q: Can a kangaroo jump higher than a house
A: Yes, because a house can’t jump
Q: What do you call a lazy baby kangaroo?
A: A pouch potato
Q: What kind of music do kangaroos like?
Q: What do you get if you cross a kangaroo with an alien?
A: A Mars-supial
Q: What is a kangaroos favorite game?
Q: What did the train conductor say to the kangaroo?
A: Hop on!