Year of the Horse
Years of the Horse include 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014, and 2026.
The Horse occupies the seventh position in the Chinese zodiac, after the Snake and before the Goat. Horse years recur according to the Chinese zodiac 12-year cycle.
Wood, Fire, Earth, Gold, and Water Horses
In Chinese element theory, each zodiac sign is associated with one of the five elements: Gold (Metal), Wood, Water, Fire, and Earth. A Wood Horse, for example, comes once in a 60-year cycle.
It is theorized that a person’s characteristics are decided by his/her birth year’s zodiac sign and element. This means there are five types of Horses, each with different characteristics:
Things that will bring Horses luck:
- Lucky numbers:2, 3, 7, and numbers containing them (like 23 and 37)
- Lucky days:the 5th and 20th of Chinese lunar months
- Lucky colors:yellow and green
- Lucky flowers:calla lily and jasmine
- Lucky directions:east, west, and south
- Lucky months:the 4th, 9th, and 12th Chinese lunar months
Things that Horses should avoid:
- Unlucky color:blue, white
- Unlucky numbers:1, 5, and 6
- Unlucky direction:north and northwest
- Unlucky months:the 5th, 7th, and 11th Chinese lunar months
Love Compatibility of the Horse with Other Animals
Each animal sign has its unique characteristics. Love compatibility within the Chinese zodiac animals takes the characteristics of each animal into account. Only those whose characteristics match each others can be good partners.
See below for the compatibility of the Horse with other animals, and find out if the Horse is compatible with your sign or not.
- Best Matched Zodiac Signs witha Goat or Tiger
- Least Matched Zodiac Signs witha Rat, Ox, or Rooster
The next Horse year is 2026